Our vision is to reveal the truth that people with intellectual disabilities have value and, in the right context, contribute meaningfully to the growth of compassionate love in others:
- Foster an environment in community that responds to the changing needs of our members
- Encourage members to discover and deepen their spiritual life living in accordance with their faith and traditions
- Engage in diverse cultures, working together toward a more compassionate society
Celebrate the Unique Gifts of Each Individual
Encourage Faith/Spiritual Growth
Foster Community Building
Build a More Human, Inclusive, Equitable Society
OUR MISSION AND IDENTITY
Identity and Mission
We are people, with and without intellectual disabilities, sharing life in communities belonging to an International Federation. Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our journey together. We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognize our need of one another.
Our Mission Is To:
- Make known the gifts of people who have intellectual disabilities, revealed through mutually transforming relationships;
- Foster and environment in community that responds to the changing needs of our members while being faithful to the core values of our founding story; and
- Engage in our diverse cultures, working together toward a more human society.